4/2/12

Banana Cream Supreme Pie


I only have one picture of this pie, and it's not a very good one. The fact is that we had already eaten most of it before I thought to do it, but I'm not sure that it would have been a very exciting picture anyway, because I didn't have any lovely garnishes on it or anything. It looked quite plain, but delicious, and it tasted really, really good. this is actually one of my favorite recipes, but for some reason I only think to make it about once a year or so, but I think that's going to change. I plan to make it again soon for a summer barbecue or potluck.

It's creamy, dreamy and super easy to make. Miss Sunshine enjoyed helping, she arranged the bananas over the pudding filling. This recipe is actually the Pampered Chef Banana Cream Supreme Dessert that I've simplified by using a premade graham cracker crust, or, if I decided to make my own, I would still use this method and put it in a pie pan, as I no longer have the springform pan that this is traditionally made in. Plus I'm usually too tired or lazy. Or out of graham crackers. Or whatever, it's easy to grab an inexpensive ready made crust from Dollar General or Aldi (both are delicious, even though not a famous brand name). The recipe is not currently available on their website, but it is posted in several places all over the internet.

Plan ahead, because it needs to chill for several hours before serving, but only takes a few minutes (yes, less than five) to prepare. After chilling,  the bananas will have flavored the pudding nicely.

Ingredients:
1 Graham Cracker Crust, Premade (or be energetic and organized and make your own)
1 Package Instant Vanilla Pudding and Pie Filling
1 C. Sour Cream
1/2 C. Cold Milk
1 8 oz. Container Frozen Whipped Topping, Thawed (Like Cool Whip)
3 Bananas, Sliced
Finely chopped walnuts or pecans, optional

Method:
  • Whisk the sour cream and milk together. 
  • Whisk in the dry pudding mix.
  • Let set a few minutes until no longer grainy and starting to thicken.
  • Fold in the whipped topping.
  • Pour 1/3 of the pudding mixture into the pie crust.
  • Top with 1/2 of the banana slices (1 1/2 bananas).
  • Pour another 1/3 of the pudding mix over the bananas and spread to the edge.
  • Top with the other 1/2 of the banana slices.
  • Add the remaining pudding and spread to the edges.
  • Chill for several hours until firm.
  • Optional -- Garnish with chopped walnuts or pecans.


Tip:
Use a 12 oz. container of whipped topping and reserve 4 ounces to top the pie with before garnishing with nuts.




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...