|Turkish Cinnamon Chicken, Easy Rice Pilaf topped with|
toasted almonds & raisins, plain yogurt and fresh mint.
1/4 C. Plus 2 T. Orange Juice (or other juice), Divided
2 T. Olive Oil
1 T. Cumin
1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Salt
- Combine 2 T. Juice and all the spices in a bowl, and stir to dissolve.
- Add the olive oil to make a slurry.
- Add the chicken pieces and toss in the mixture to coat all sides of all pieces, and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Place chicken in a baking dish, skin side up, and bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Pour the remaining 1/4 C. Orange Juice over the chicken, and cook for another 10-20 minutes until done.
2. It's nice to let the chicken rest for a few minutes to take on all the spice flavors before baking, but I've been in a hurry and thrown it right into the oven and it's fine.
3. A long marinating time isn't necessary, but you can also prepare it in advance and place it in the refrigerator until ready to bake.