2/21/12

10 Songs I'm Listening To Right Now

10 Day Blog Challenge - Day One - 10 Songs I'm Listening To Right Now




1. "Someone Like You" - Adele
2. "Rolling In the Deep" - Adele
3. "Fields of Gold" - Eva Cassidy
4. "Three Little Birds" - Bob Marley
5. "Amazing", - Janelle
6. "Lights" - Journey/Cover by Infinity, Live
7. "Don't Stop Believing" - Journey
8. "A Land Called  Paradise" - Kareem Salama
9. "A-R-A-B: The Rap" - GoRemy
10. "Just Like A Rock Star" - Fresh Beat Band

This is actually my play list from Saturday. It started with my favorite of the past several months, "Someone Like You" by Adele. I love her, and this is also the last song I heard before delivering my last baby, Noah, and it's still set on repeat several months later. Rosie also loves to get up on the step-stool and sing into a broom handle as it plays.


Then I went on to another by Adele, "Rolling In The Deep," which caused hubby to ask, "Hey, do you have any 'Eva' on there?"  That is, Eva Cassidy, who is one of his favorite singers, so I played him Fields of Gold, a Sting cover. This version is one of "our songs."

That prompted Rosie to make a request for one of our "morning songs" (we have several), so we chose Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. We also listened to another song called Amazing by Janelle, that is one of "her" songs because I used it as the background of a video montage I made with some of her baby pictures.  It's a beautiful song by a Christian singer about the birth of a child.
We need this book. Cuz every little thing is gonna be alright!
Later in the day I was talking to my friend Winona who was booking bands for her bar, and we began to reminisce about bands we used to follow back in the day, and the fact that our Rock Gods are now turning 50! Which made me want to watch a video of one of my fave bands in the world, Infinity, that I used to follow for years in the Chicago area. All these years later they're still playing out, only with some changes in the members. So I watched them perform a cover of Journey's "Lights."  Of course, that only made me have to go on to "Just a small town girl..." you all can finish this part :)

Another song I listened to, well, I actually watched the video on YouTube, was for a song by Kareem Salama named A Land Called Paradise. Kareem Salama is a country music singer born and raised in Oklahoma, who is of Egyptian heritage and a Muslim. This is one of my favorite videos:

Grand Prize Winner of the 2007 One Nation Film Contest.
In December 2007, over 2,000 American Muslims were asked what they would wish to say to the rest of the world. This is what they said. A music video for Kareem Salama's "A Land Called Paradise."

This video tends to make me a little teary-eyed, so to lighten up the mood a little bit, I played some comedy videos by the very talented Arab-American comedian Remy, also known as GoRemy. 

In the meantime, I listened to the Fresh Beat Band commercial for the song "Just Like A Rock Star" for the umteenth time. Children's music is infectious. I barely listen to any new releases anymore of "my" music, because I'm so busy listening to kid songs. I really, really, really dislike the Fresh Beat Band. Really. I won't let my kid watch the show because I find them so lame and annoying, but then they're on the commercials on Nick, and their damned songs are always getting stuck in my had anyway.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...